Can stress resilience help performance? We already know that stress can have a negative impact on performance in a number of ways:
Negative impact of stress
- Poor decision making
- More errors made
- Increase in irritability and therefore conflict
- Impact on teamwork
- Increase in absenteeism and presenteeism
- Negative effect on customer satisfaction
- Risk of burnout or breakdown of your most valuable resource
All create a negative domino effect.
How stress resilience helps performance
The bottom line cannot flourish in such conditions. So stress resilience – the ability to deal with and even transcend negative stress – has got to help:
- Effective decision making
- Fewer errors and more efficient recovery from any errors made
- Increased capacity to positively influence, even in contentious situations
- Less reactivity and more responsiveness through an ability to see and work towards the big picture
- Healthier and more engaged, productive workforce
- Happier customers
- Healthier profits
A strategic advantage
But we are not machines and life – or business – is not predictable. So, the ability to be stress resilient is a strategic advantage. It doesn’t happen on it’s own though and it’s often misunderstood. That’s why I am running a Stress Resilience workshop on the 3rd April. Essential if you feel you are hitting a brick wall more often than you’d like and need a way through.
And, as always, if you prefer to work 1:1, do feel free to call me for a no-obligation chat. I can be reached on 0345 130 0854 or get in touch here.